- May 24, 2021
- Posted by: Peninah Anyango
- Categories: Brand, Business, Business plans, customer Service, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Sales, Strategies
Why You Need To Get Your Branding Right
First things first, did you know that there is a difference between Brand Image, Branding, and Brand Identity? More often than not, people use them interchangeably to mean the same thing. Let us define each one of them.
Brand Image – This is how your consumer or potential consumer views your product/service. Their perception of your business.
Branding – Cambridge dictionary has the perfect explanation of what branding is – the act of giving a company a particular design or symbol in order to advertise its products and services
Brand identity – this is the collection of all the visible elements of a brand i.e color, design, and logo, that identify and distinguish the brand in consumers’ minds (invesopedia)
Having this understanding, you are in a better position to define who you are and also, having the knowledge of how people view your business. Is your brand identity matching your brand image? Kanyi Ohawa, a branding expert, together with Eunice and Reema, get to answer a number of really complex questions from business owners and professionals.
Some of the questions raised were as follows:
- Is the confusion between marketing and branding a result of how we marketers present our Value proposition to our respective industries and clients?
- Does one need to trademark the branding logo?
- How do you connect your Brand Truth or values to consumer truth/values so as to develop brand purpose?
- Is it easier to brand a niche product than a mass-produced product?
- What are the factors to consider when carrying out a brand audit when intending to carry out a brand repositioning?
- Whose job is it to uphold the brand promise in an organization?
Tune in and feel free to drop your questions in the comments section and we’ll be sure to answer them. Subscribe and share!